[FFmpeg-user] Piping video from REDline to ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Nov 4 13:53:02 CET 2013

Elliott Balsley <elliottbalsley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> RED provides a free conversion tool called REDline, but I
> can't figure out how to pipe its output to ffmpeg.

What does the tool produce?
A file that cannot be read by FFmpeg? What can read the file?
A data stream to stdout? What is it supposed to contain?
rawvideo? What are the supposed properties?
For rawvideo, apart from resolution, the colour space is
required, if you don't know it, you can try them, see
ffmpeg -pix_fmts