[FFmpeg-user] how to use drawtext?

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sat Nov 2 04:08:45 CET 2013

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 20:32:00 -0600
Richard Duran <ricdur2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I've figured out the syntax to pad, but I'd like to add a new
> wrinkle. I've changed these to 100 and 120 respectively, and set the
> fontsize to 80. Now I'd like to add two GIF images, one at the top left and
> another at the top right.
>
> The images are about 65x60. I'd like to double their size to 130x120 and
> they should sit on either side of the header. Preferably, they would be
> placed at the corners.

Scale each gif image and then overlay. Here's a stand alone example
showing one way of doing it:

ffmpeg -i input -i 1.gif -i 2.gif -filter_complex \
"[1:v]scale=iw*2:-1[left]; \
 [2:v]scale=iw*2:-1[right]; \
 [0:v][left]overlay[bg]; \
 [bg][right]overlay=main_w-overlay_w[out]" \
-map "[out]" output.mkv

In your case you could alternatively use "scale=130:-1" or
"scale=130:120", but that's not as fun.

Note that doubling the size of the gif images will make them look
crappy.

Also see:
<http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#scale>
<http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#overlay-1>