[FFmpeg-user] Webm from ffserver to Firefox – Firefox spinner keeps on spinning!

Thomas Seilund tps at netmaster.dk
Fri Nov 1 08:38:12 CET 2013

Dear All,

I use ffserver and ffmpeg to live stream sport events.

ffserver creates a webm stream.

When the webm stream is picked up by Chrome the stream plays fine.

When the webm stream is picked up by Firefox I only see the first frame
and the Firefox spinner spins for ever.

When I end the Chrome session I note that I get an output on the
ffserver console. I assume the output informs about the amount of data
sent from ffserver to Chrome.

I get the same output on the ffserver console when I end the non
functioning Firefox session. It seems that ffserver does send data to
Firefox but the Firefox spinner keeps on spinning.

Any help would be appreciated on getting the webm stream to play on Firefox.

Thanks

Thomas S