[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg problem with creating thumbnail

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sun May 19 20:46:30 CEST 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013, at 07:09 AM, Dragan wrote:
> I have a tube site and im using this function to generate thumbs from
> video
> file
>
> $thumbwidth = 240; //thumb width
> $thumbheight = 180; //thumb height
>
> $imagick_command = "-modulate 110,102,100 -sharpen 1x1 -enhance";

Experiment with ffmpeg filters (curves, hue, unsharp,
hqdn3d/owdenise/dctdnoiz [I'm not sure which would denoise filter be
best for stills]) instead of the additional usage of mogrify. Then you
can do everything in one command.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html

> shell_exec("$ffmpeg_path -ss $first -i \"".$row[file]."\" -vcodec mjpeg
> -vframes 1 -an -f rawvideo -s ".$thumbwidth."x".$thumbheight."
> \"$image\"");

Please show a normal, unscripted ffmpeg command and the complete ffmpeg
console output.