[FFmpeg-user] Remuxed XDCAM file no longer accepted by FCP7

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed May 15 15:52:57 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Robert Krüger <krueger at lesspain.de> wrote:
> maybe I should try a git bisect to check. I am not 100% sure that I have
> ever remuxed XDCAM mov to mov before transcoding I know, there's even a
> postring in the ML archives from 2008 that verifies this) but then again a
> git bisect will show rather quickly. Maybe this time I will try your
> suggestion to exclude all filters/formats/codecs and only put together a
> minimal build for the bisect. Do you know the configure command line for
> that off by heart? Otherwise I'll check configure.

Hmm, in order to bisect, you will need to have a 'known good' and a
'known bad' (usually tip/now) to start from. If you don't have a known
good version, you could attempt to look at some arbitrary point "a
while ago" and see if that works. If it does, then bisecting will work
well. If not…

Cheers

Tom