[FFmpeg-user] Combining multiple videos into a new multi-video-track file with the audio from the first video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue May 14 11:34:17 CEST 2013

Steven Smith <blahblahblahblha303 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to get ffmpeg to copy the original video streams
> instead of re-encoding them in a much lower resolution
> with '-vcodec copy' but it seems to only work on the first
> stream, if it works at all. Can someone please suggest a
> better combination of options?
> http://paste.hasteb.in/?id=oXF

(Please do not use external resources when asking for
support here, always post all necessary information
into the mail.)

> ffmpeg version 0.8.6-6:0.8.6-0ubuntu0.12.10.1

This is not FFmpeg.
It is an intentionally broken version that contains
several hundred bugs not present in FFmpeg, some of
them security relevant, please understand that we
therefore cannot support it.
Please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for
supported versions (you probably need a "static build"
if you don't want to compile yourself).