[FFmpeg-user] Decode Dolby Pro Logic II

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 15:14:02 CEST 2013

On 10-05-13 07:36, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Paul B Mahol <onemda <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> I don't think this is implemented, could you provide
>>> a sample?
>> Wouldn't decoding be just reverse of downmixing (thus
>> upmixing) as done in libswr and explained on wikipedia?
> I like samples;-)
> (I prefer them even over Wikipedia articles.)
>
> Carl Eugen

I uploaded a sample to upload.ffmpeg.org/incoming/Dolby Pro Logic II
sample-cut.WAV

I thought I got it yesterday after some scripting with SoX, but the
result was disappointing. Today I discovered there was something wrong
with the parameters. I also found this document that made me think it is
more than just 'inverting the matrix':
http://www.dolby.com/uploadedFiles/Assets/US/Doc/Professional/209_Dolby_Surround_Pro_Logic_II_Decoder_Principles_of_Operation.pdf

Anyway, thanks in advance