[FFmpeg-user] Audio glitches and distortion when recording and direct play

MrNice wxcvbn2006 at iol.ie
Wed May 8 13:58:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have entered a bug in the ffmpeg bug track but I'd like to know if someone
have a workaround for the issue.

The ticket is #2504  here <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2504>
I uploaded some audio file as sample as well.

To sum-up, when I record with the  command
ffmpeg -debug 1 -vn -f alsa -ac 2 -channel_layout stereo -i hw:0,0 -c:a
pcm_s16le /Store3/Test/pcm_`date +%m%d_%H%M`.wav
I get glitches and distortion.
With the following appli,
Audacity
With Alsa, input: default then pulse then ALC892 (hw:0,0)
Result: with these 3 different parameters, audio is perfect.

recordmydesktop
input: DEFAULT
result: audio is perfect.

gnome-sound-recorder 2.29.91
Record from input: Capture
format flac, ogg, pm3
Result: with these 3 different formats, audio is perfect.

arecord
arecord -f cd -t wav out.wav
Result: audio is perfect.

VLC
input hw:0,0
Result: statics after sound

As the command is very common maybe there is a workaround. In fact I found
out this issue when I was recording audio and video from a S-VHS tape with
pcm and ffv1 codecs.
I think there is a link between ffmpeg and VLC as they are the only with the
issue.

Any help is much appreciated.