[FFmpeg-user] [FFmpeg-devel]: questions about ffmpeg capturing video, thanks

Wei Gao highgod0401 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 10:32:12 CEST 2013

2013/5/1 Timothy Gu <timothygu99 at gmail.com>

> On Apr 30, 2013 8:07 PM, "Timothy Gu" <timothygu99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > POn Apr 30, 2013 4:49 AM, "Wei Gao" <highgod0401 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I want to ask a question, I want to use ffmpeg capturing video picture
> > > which is playing and save as yuv file, is there any command to do that?
> > > both windows and linux?
> >
> > Do you mean from c code or using ffmpeg utility? Webcam or video files?
>
> If you mean webcam, and using the ffmpeg command line utility, take a look
> at the wiki:
> http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/How%20to%20capture%20a%20webcam%20input
>
> Sorry for the quick double posts.

Thanks very much, is there any c code I can reference? if I want to use
ffmpeg utility, how can I use it? our idea is get surface of direct or
opengl to get the picture at start. but we don't have any experience on
them, so we want to ask if ffmpeg can implement it, thanks.

not webcam, thanks for your help

best regards