[FFmpeg-user] Problem streaming mpegts on udp

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 08:52:15 CET 2013

2013/3/22 Maxim Kozlov <rogat1y at gmail.com>:
> Also i've tried to stream with this codding settings from VLC, and it
> streams w/o frame/packets drops.

* Check errors/warnings in output of stream
* Try saving to local file and then playing back
* Check how CPU and network (both input and output) utilization changes in time

I guess your problem is similar to the following: if input UDP socket
is not read in time, its kernal buffer overflows and some data is
discarded. I believe this situation may occur when ffmpeg has to
encode "hard" frame (of I-type) despite of encoding threading.
You can try to fix this with increasing ffmpeg internal input UDP
socket buffer: add "fifo_size" option to input URL as a GET-parameter
(udp://1.1.1.1:1234?fifo_size=100500) or as a flag before URL. Pay
attention to unusual units of this option.
VLC may have more agressive buffering default values, and for this
reason looking like working better.

--
Andrey Utkin