[FFmpeg-user] recursively convert subfolder sequences to .mov?

Todd Sines sines at scale.la
Tue Mar 19 03:57:46 CET 2013

I am working on my film and I just got my set of negative scans back -- 260GB of DPX files.

I would like to take a master directory [reel 1, reel 2, etc] of a series of sub-folders [shot01, shot02] of image sequences [DPX] and convert them all to H264 .movs that live in their subfolder [for previewing purposes]

As many of the frame numbers have non-standard starting frames, is there a way to recursively convert the sequence without having to rename every sub-folder sequence to start with 00000001.dpx ?

In a perfect world I'd make H264 .mp4s and ProRes .movs at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd