[FFmpeg-user] Configure error for libfdk-aac

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Mar 18 01:01:47 CET 2013

Sebastian Holmqvist <sebastian.holmqvist <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm attempting to cross-compile FFmpeg for ARM on Mac OS X.
> I've installed a statically built libfkd-aac but can't get
> pass configure. The lib is situated in /usr/local/*.

(I don't know much about cross-compiling: Is this the right
location for a library that does not match your hardware? what
does file /usr/local/lib/libfdk-aac.a show?)
I have libfdk-aac.a in /usr/local/lib and the following works here:
$ nm /usr/local/lib/libfdk-aac.a |grep aacEncOpen
0000000000001560 T aacEncOpen
(you may have to use otool to test)