[FFmpeg-user] noob difficulties with images to video conversion

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sun Mar 17 19:18:08 CET 2013

Le sextidi 26 ventôse, an CCXXI, BWright a écrit :
> ffmpeg -i image%03d.jpg -r 2 gallery.mpg
>
> i get
> ffmpeg version N-34549-g13b7781, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg
> developers
>   built on Nov  6 2011 22:02:08 with gcc 4.6.1

This is ancient. Please get a more recent version.

> image.jpg: No such file or directory

My guess is that you shell, whatever it is, is messing with arguments
containing the '%' char. My vague remembrance of DOS tells me that % is used
in batch files to introduce variable expansion in batch files.

> ffmpeg -i image001.jpg -r 2 gallery.mpg

If you write it that way, you tell ffmpeg to set the output at two frames
per second, while you leave the input at its default 25 frames per second.

> [mpeg1video @ 02C80060] MPEG1/2 does not support 5/1 fps

I suppose you spotted this error message. It does not match the command line
above, though.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George