[FFmpeg-user] libutvideo causes Segmentation fault

Johann Rekowski johann.rekowski at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:17:12 CET 2013

On 3/10/2013 4:52 PM, Peter B. wrote:
> On 03/10/2013 03:17 PM, Johann Rekowski wrote:
>> Hello dear ffmpeg developers,
>> I'm having trouble with recording a video using the utvideo codec. It
>> instantly causes a Segmentation fault (core dumped) once I start encoding.
>> I'm using the latest Arch Linux with the latest kernel from official
>> repositories (3.7.10-1-ARCH). I'm trying to do a screencast with the
>> utvideo codec.
> In case you're using the ut-video codec to capture lossless, is there
> any reason for not using FFv1 for that purpose?
>

> Regards,
> Pb
I thought that FFv1 is deprecated and not able to use multithreading. I
wanted to record a game play with utvideo without extremely exhausting
CPU Core #0 and still being able to play my game smoothly. I did this
already on Windows with Dxtory, but on Linux this is completely
different. Please understand that I am no expert in ffmpeg and utvideo
development, I have just recently started out with Arch Linux to learn
more about GNU/Linux overall, and then slowly switch to it, leaving
Windows one day.