[FFmpeg-user] XVID-Encoding with ffmpeg

llarevo at gmx.net llarevo at gmx.net
Thu Mar 7 19:51:14 CET 2013

Hi,

thanks for all the extremely useful information. Now I have a lot to try
out ;-)

> > So my concrete question is: what is ffmpeg-syntax-equivalent for
> >
> > profile=htdxnpal
>
> -s:v 720x576 -r 25 -maxrate 4854k -bf 1
> Unfortunately, I cannot find an option for peak bitrate (maybe there is,
> but I don't know).

In http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=953276#post953276 I read
about a similar question. The peakrate there is obviously set by a
parameter named "vbvmax".

The only parameter I found in the documentation given by Timothy is
‘request_channel_layout integer (decoding,audio)’ and there
‘rc_max_vbv_use float (encoding,video)’

Could that influence the peakrate?

Regards
--