[FFmpeg-user] libvo_aacenc is not available

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon Mar 4 22:28:53 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Jabba Laci wrote:

> Could you please tell me which audio codecs to use?
>
> (1) If I use the static build from the FFmpeg site

Just for clarification there are no static builds on the ffmpeg site,
but static builds are provided by "burek" and "relaxed". Only
libvo-aacenc and the native FFmpeg AAC encoders are available with the
static builds. Alternatively, you could pipe from ffmpeg to faac or any
other external encoder if you want to.

> (2) If I build FFmpeg on Ubuntu as described on the home page
>
> Please give me some alternatives for both cases in decreasing order:
> first list the "best" codec(s), and so on.

This is described in the encoding guide from my previous message.
Specifically, see the FAQ.