[FFmpeg-user] mjpeg "quality"

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Mon Mar 4 13:51:29 CET 2013

On 04-03-13 13:38, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Erik Slagter <erik <at> slagter.name> writes:
>
>> Looks like the file indeed gets smaller, so I suppose it's a minor
>> cosmetic issue? The "q=" output remains at "0.0" all of the time
>
> Use -threads 1 to see the current quantizer value,
> the default multithreaded encoder does not allow
> showing a "current" quantizer / does not know of
> such a concept.
> (This is a "regression" since fde1bc6)

Yes, that's it! Thanks!

This in combination with another thing confused me: the difference in
(subjective) quality between -q 2, -q 3 and -q 4 is quite noticable
using the mpeg2 encoder, with mjpeg I can't see the difference with
these values, you'd have to go really high to see a real difference.

Thanks again.