[FFmpeg-user] Retry network for a live stream

Andrew Sinclair ajsinclair at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 02:00:28 CEST 2013

On 29 June 2013 22:41, basteon <basteon at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Do you use wowza on another size?
> Well, tecticaly for make infinity output and not hangap you should use
> -loop_output 0, but socket wasn't closed and ffmpeg still streaming with
> skiping packets. Perhaps, that trouble with right pts, that loose
> consecuence. After reconnect by hand that works again?

Yes it is Wowza on the other side for this one.

The source is off a camera so do I still need to use -loop_output 0 ? The
documentation also says that this is a deprecated option.

Streaming is fine with an immediate restart by hand so currently I am also
working on a hack script that watches the output for the time (as in line
below) that is reported as this slows down about the time the stream stops
which seems a little strange and wondering if it may indicate an ffmpeg bug.

frame=32468 fps= 18 q=44.0 size=   49134kB time=00:21:37.76 bitrate=
310.2kbits/s