[FFmpeg-user] Inverse Telecine with fieldmatch filter

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 26 05:04:58 CEST 2013

On 6/25/13 4:47 PM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> "./configure --enable-gpl
>
>> --enable-libfaac --enable-libfdk-aac
>
>I suspect you should decide which one
>you prefer, use that and remove the
>other one (libfdk is said to be
>superior).

OK, removed --enable-libfaac.

>> --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb
>> --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libspeex
>> --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx
>> --enable-libx264
>
>Really? All of them?

Yes, but I was using suggestions from

http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/MacOSXCompilationGuide.

>> --enable-x11grab
>
>Does that work? The reason I ask is that people
>have repeatedly asked how to record the screen
>on OSX.

No, that one was included it in my list by mistake (sorry). The rest were
correct.

>> Anyway, even if I have to target audio with a
>> HandBrake pass, use ffmpeg only for the inverse
>> telecine on the video, then combine output
>> tracks using MP4Box
>
>I may absolutely misunderstand the sentence but I
>severely doubt that HandBrake can do anything with
>audio that FFmpeg cannot and you should at least
>test FFmpeg's mov muxer before using MP4Box.

I can't get inverse telecine quite right with HandBrake, nor is it
possible to eliminate or use passthrough for the video using HandBrake.
What I have done is to transcode using one of the presets for iPhone or
iPad, adjusting video settings so the processing takes no more time that
necessary, then discard the video track in favor of the MEncoder inverse
telecined video track transcoded using the -nosound option. MP4Box lets me
combine the standalone video track with the two audio tracks to build a
compatible .m4v file. What I'd like to know is how to use FFmpeg's muxing
options to perform inverse telecine for the video (which I've already
recently succeeded in doing), but also to make a conversion of the
6-channel AC-3 for the first audio track (stereo aac), then copy the
source audio into an additional audio track (6-channel AC-3), thereby
producing the 3-track surround-out compatible video stream for iPhones or
iPads to play.

>Carl Eugen

Thanks.

Laine Lee