[FFmpeg-user] libvpx configuration failed!

Dani Ramdani dani.ramdani at mivo.com
Thu Jun 20 12:06:29 CEST 2013

Hi Palani,

1. you need to update your nasm lib to > 2.08

2.  you can googling.

btw if u want more simple to install ffmpeg on Redhat 6, u can follow this
tutorial :

http://www.chipnick.com/blog/2013/04/08/installing-ffmpeg-on-amazon-linux-2013-03/

enjoy, please share if you have still got problem.

Dani.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Palaniappan N <palani at i-waves.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to FFMPEG and I am following the below link to install FFMPEG in
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3
>
> https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide
>

> *1*.While configuring the libvpx, I am getting the following message
>

> libvpx]$ sudo ./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --disable-examples
> Configuring selected codecs
>   enabling vp8_encoder
>   enabling vp8_decoder
>   enabling vp9_encoder
>   enabling vp9_decoder
> Configuring for target 'x86_64-linux-gcc'
>   enabling x86_64
>   enabling runtime_cpu_detect
>   enabling mmx
>   enabling sse
>   enabling sse2
>   enabling sse3
>   enabling ssse3
>   enabling sse4_1
>   using nasm
> nasm  -Ox -f elf64 does not support section alignment (nasm <=2.08?)
>
> Configuration failed. This could reflect a misconfiguration of your
> toolchains, improper options selected, or another problem. If you
> don't see any useful error messages above, the next step is to look
> at the configure error log file (config.err) to determine what
> configure was trying to do when it died.
>

> What can I do to resolve this?
>

> *2*. Similar to "libogg", "libvorbis", "libvpx", "x264" and "Yasm", how can
> I configure and install zlib? Can you please suggest from where I can
> download the "zlib"?
>

> Thanks,
> Palani

Have a lively day

------------------------------
*Dani Ramdani* - Software Engineer
Cyber 2 Building, Level 21-G Jl H.R. Rasuna Said Blok X-5 Kav.3 Jakarta
12950
P: +62 21 51431989 x516 * dani.ramdani at mivo.com * http://mivo.com

[image: MIVO.TV] <http://twitter.com/mivotv>

Information in this email and any attachments is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, disclosure, dissemination or use of the contents of the
email is prohibited. Please delete the email including any attachments and
notify the sender that you have received the email by mistake.*Please
consider the environment before printing this email.*