[FFmpeg-user] libvpx configuration failed!

Palaniappan N palani at i-waves.com
Thu Jun 20 10:45:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am new to FFMPEG and I am following the below link to install FFMPEG in
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3

https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/CentosCompilationGuide

*1*.While configuring the libvpx, I am getting the following message

libvpx]$ sudo ./configure --prefix="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" --disable-examples
Configuring selected codecs
  enabling vp8_encoder
  enabling vp8_decoder
  enabling vp9_encoder
  enabling vp9_decoder
Configuring for target 'x86_64-linux-gcc'
  enabling x86_64
  enabling runtime_cpu_detect
  enabling mmx
  enabling sse
  enabling sse2
  enabling sse3
  enabling ssse3
  enabling sse4_1
  using nasm
nasm  -Ox -f elf64 does not support section alignment (nasm <=2.08?)

Configuration failed. This could reflect a misconfiguration of your
toolchains, improper options selected, or another problem. If you
don't see any useful error messages above, the next step is to look
at the configure error log file (config.err) to determine what
configure was trying to do when it died.

What can I do to resolve this?

*2*. Similar to "libogg", "libvorbis", "libvpx", "x264" and "Yasm", how can
I configure and install zlib? Can you please suggest from where I can
download the "zlib"?

Thanks,
Palani