[FFmpeg-user] Use tee muxer with mp4 and mpegts

James Howe james.howe at cantab.net
Tue Jun 18 11:20:18 CEST 2013

Carl Eugen <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:

> If you have any questions concerning FFmpeg, this
> is (likely) the right mailing list.
> Please post all necessary information here on the
> mailing list, do not use external resources,
> except for sample files.
>
> Carl Eugen

Using h264 and aac, I've been trying to generate an mp4 and mpegts
output in one command using the new tee muxer.

Either it complains about a lack of the aac_adtstoasc bsf, or if
global_header is set a lack of the h264_mp4toannexb bsf. However, I
can find no way to add a bsf for one output and not the other: adding
it as usual applies to both outputs, and the muxer options (between
[]) do not accept bsfs.

Did the ffmpeg team a) document this feature poorly or b) render this
combination of outputs impossible?