[FFmpeg-user] Adding Subtitles Problem...

Mike Kavanagh mike.kavanagh at netpipe.biz
Mon Jun 17 17:51:52 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to put subtitles into a video (doing this for the first time) -
I have referred to a number of ffmpeg-users posts and threads and have come
up with a ffmpeg command that seems to be appropriate (see the attached
ffmpeg log file) but it fails to display any subtitles when I play the
output using either ffplay or wmp.

Here is the command:

C:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg  -i
C:\grails\workspace\rel_3.1.0\HomeVu1\web-app\HomeVu1\Work\MKTEST.mp4 -i
test.srt -scodec mov_text \

-y C:\grails\workspace\rel_3.1.0\HomeVu1\web-app\HomeVu1\Work\MKTEST_ST.mp4

The source video does not contain any subtitles, as I am expecting them to
be feed in afresh from the srt file - am I right in thinking an srt file can
be created as an ascii file?

Here is the  test.srt file I created manually that I am working with:

1

00:00:01,000-->00:00:02,000

Hello World!

2

00:00:03,000-->00:00:05,000

Goodbye now!

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Mike Kavanagh - Tel: 01753 884650 / 07970 027252