[FFmpeg-user] yasm not found [was (no subject)]

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jun 5 18:16:45 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013, at 10:15 PM, Neeraj Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded ffmpeg from this location
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg
>
> I have putted it the extracted files inside /ffmpegdir/ffmpeg/configure
> in
> my ubuntu 12.04
>
> then
>
> root at core-MS-7267:/ffmpegdir/ffmpeg/configure# ./configure
> yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

Did you install Yasm first? Step-by-step instructions are available at:

https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide

Note that the yasm package in the 12.04 repository is too old if you
also intend on compiling x264, so you must compile yasm, but this is not
hard if you are able to simply copy and paste the instructions from the
guide.

Please include a message subject in future messages to this mailing
list.

Lou