[FFmpeg-user] Problem with amerge

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Tue Jun 4 20:43:31 CEST 2013

Le duodi 12 prairial, an CCXXI, Tim Nicholson a écrit :
> However the updated version produces an error and the resulting file has
> a large "echo" offset between the 2 audio channels. I have highlighted
> the error line which is  near the bottom:-

The offset could be related to a difference in timestamps. I suggest you
insert the "ashowinfo" filter in front of both audio inputs and compare the
timestamps of the first few frames in the "amovie" case that works and the
"filter_complex" case that does not work, to see if there is any
differences.

> Error while decoding stream #0:2: Cannot allocate memory <------ERROR
>     Last message repeated 6 times

Can you observe the memory usage growing during the encode?

Also, I suggest you trim your test command line to see exactly what part of
it is causing the error; it may be that the "cannot allocate memory" error
is completely unrelated to the offset problem.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George