[FFmpeg-user] Create slideshow with ffmpeg from still images

thljcl jiachielee at live.com
Wed Jul 31 07:40:29 CEST 2013

Thanks for clarifying. Linux tool? Eh? It does not matter. Based on what I
saw from the documentation you show me on
http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page, it does not seem to
offer what I can do with ffmpeg. Well, as you said, it probably did not
matter for average users. They won’t be so picky about encoders’ settings as
long as they got something done. Lossless encoding? That probably never
crossed the mind for average users.
Hm… On the other hand, I seriously doubt the big producers would forget to
have multiple backup of master copies. In the old days, that would mean film
master, i.e. the actual film stocks. In digital age, that of course means
the copies without any lossy compression. After all, they would like to
continue to make money from their cash cows.