[FFmpeg-user] Create slideshow with ffmpeg from still images

Andy Civil andycivil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 16:53:31 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-30 3:20 AM, thljcl wrote:
> I’m sorry. I have not read your previous post. I do not which method you have
> tried. Yes, I can create a slideshow with slides of different length. I can
> even create a sample and share it over SkyDrive with you temporarily before
> I remove it. What I would like to know is how you create your slideshow with
> slides of different length. Would you mind to show me the link that leads to
> your previous post? Or, would you mind to re-write your experience? Your
> efforts are truly appreciated. Thank you.

I describe it in this post:
<http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/Create-video-with-multiple-images-tp2524565p2527808.html>
That post references a google site where I describe what I did (which is a good
thing because it was three years ago and I've forgotten). The links to posts on
that site no longer work, as the archive must have moved. Also, at the bottom of
the google site there is a link that you can download my example - it is a
computer voice reading the question from Francois which I was answering
(including the bad english!). The audio bitrate is only 16k and the video
resolution is small, but the whole file is only 268 KB.

However, I think today your method is probably better. Your example slideshow is
1.1 MB and it has no sound, but the resolution is much bigger and it's also longer.

I have downloaded your examples, I'm too busy to look right now, but I think I
will learn from them. Thank you!

--
Andy