[FFmpeg-user] Is mixing of audio channels happening by default in ffmpeg?

Wayne Poll WPoll at nhnz.tv
Tue Jul 30 00:50:31 CEST 2013

Sorry this is so late as a response (I've been away) but the fix is easy Sam; you can exclude the ninth track like this....

./ffmpeg -i input.mxf -map 0 -map -0:9:0 -c copy -c:v prores -profile:v 3 output.mov

The "-map 0 -map -0:9:0" will tell ffmpeg to copy all streams EXCEPT stream 0:9 - which in my case is a metadata track (possibly TC - not sure).

HTH someone...

Wayne Poll | Technical & IT Systems Manager |
NHNZ | 5 Melville Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand |
p. +64 3 479 9920 | m. +64 27 223 4171 | f. +64 3 479 9917 | www.nhnz.tv | Facebook