[FFmpeg-user] ntsc-dvd doesn't default to interlaced.

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Sun Jul 28 04:12:59 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 09:56:35PM -0400, Andy Civil wrote:
> The video starts from my Sony HX5 as 1920 x 1080 x 30i. It's then
> deinterlaced by a commercial video editor to 1920 x 1080 x 60p. Every frame
> is different.

I'm curious as to why you would want to do that.

I have to admit that I do not know what all ffmpeg can do.  But, IMHO, the
best way to go from 1080i to 480i is to rescale each 1080i field to the
480i field.  By going to 60p first, each of the frames is a "guess" as to
what a full frame would look like from a half frame.

By going directly from 540 lines to 240 lines, you skip the guessing game.

It is what I would try to do.  But, that is me.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
        6082066843 at email.uscc.net (140 char limit)       \ / Ribbon Campaign