[FFmpeg-user] Optimal hardware for use with ProRes.

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 10:33:30 CEST 2013

On date Friday 2013-07-19 08:59:34 +0100, Andrew Back wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently picked up an Atomos Ninja HDMI recorder for HDSLR video
> use. This encodes to ProRes and I'd like to edit the video using
> Cinelerra or Kdenlive on Linux.
>

> My question is what would be the optimal hardware for this? Would
> VDPAU hardware help at all? Or perhaps a decent GPU + OpenCL? Or is it
> simply a case of as many CPU cores as possible?

OpenCL is used right now only for filters, and I can see specific
optimizations only for the X86 platform (but generic DSP routines have
optimizations for most platform), can't comment avoud VDPAU but I bet
it is unrelevant in this case.
--
FFmpeg = Fundamental and Forgiving Mysterious Practical Ecumenical Generator