[FFmpeg-user] Error On installing FFMPEG-MASTER for opencv

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Sun Jul 14 00:22:34 CEST 2013

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 00:55:24 +0530
mohan kannan <mohanakannan.bts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Developer,
>                          On configuring FFMPEG-MASTER,it is telling that
> ,ERROR: libx264 not found.If you think configure made a mistake, make sure
> you are using the latest version from Git.  If the latest version fails,
> report the problem to the
> ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
> Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
> solving the problem.
>                            I've tried different method,even installed
> newest FFMPEG zip....It is still showing this error..What to do.Please
> solve this bug and please send me a solution.

You did not provide enough information to determine why ffmpeg is not
finding libx264. If you compiled x264 you should show the configure
options you used, the configure options you used for ffmpeg, and the
tail of config.log. The name of the OS or distro you are using would be
useful too.

With the limited information provided I can only guess that you need to
add "--extra-libs=-ldl" to your ffmpeg configure.