[FFmpeg-user] MSVC or Intel Compiler Versions

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 11 18:42:59 CEST 2013

Robert Ludwig <rob.ludwig <at> lyricallabs.com> writes:

> I'm trying to compile a ffmpeg for Windows, and I
> see in the FATE results listed at fate.ffmpeg.org
> that there are test results for a win32 binary
> compiled with the Intel C++ Compiler and the
> Microsoft Compiler. Is there any way to get the
> source code that was used for those compilations
> specifically?

Definitely, please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

I will spare you the link to our platform
documentation that explains how to compile
FFmpeg with MSVC (and icl) because I am
sure you read it before posting here, but ...

> Neither of those compilers will compile
> ffmpeg directly from the git head

... what is unfortunately missing is the
configure line you used, and the complete,
uncut output of "make V=1" after you ran
"make" several times and saw identical
errors.
(Please do never post the complete, uncut
output of the first failing make call.)

Carl Eugen

PS:
http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#Microsoft-Visual-C_002b_002b-or-Intel-C_002b_002b-Compiler-for-Windows