[FFmpeg-user] Arbitrarily correct packets?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 05:00:53 CEST 2013

I keep fighting with files downloaded from my TiVo. Some
combination of horrible things broadcasters do to the
stream on the way to my TiVo and horrible things the
TiVo itself does when converting from the TS to PS
mpg often leaves the audio and video screwed up in wondrous
ways.

I'm just wondering: Since I happen to know this is all
NTSC format 29.97 fps video, can I force ffmpeg to
utterly re-write the packet info with nice clean
alternating fixed length video and audio frames
while I'm doing the (2-pass) conversion to H.264?

If I can, is there any chance it might actually work
and leave the audio and video in sync?

Just curious.