[FFmpeg-user] transcode / segment h.264 aac audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jan 27 10:43:44 CET 2013

Joel B <onephatcat <at> earthlink.net> writes:

> >> /Library/Application Support/Subsonic/transcode/ffmpeg
> >> -ss 560 -t 10 -i
> >> /Users/admin2/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/aMOVIES/Day of the
> > Triffids/DayOfTheTriffids.avi
> >> -async 1 -b 553k -s 536x240 -ar 44100 -ac 2 -v 0
> >> -f mpegts -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac_latm
> >> -preset superfast -threads 0 -
> >
> > Complete, uncut console output (without -v 0) missing.
> >

> not sure what you mean, do you want me to remove the
> -v 0 from the command line?

I didn't test but I suspect -v 0 makes the console output
useless, so yes please remove it.

> The console output is from Subsonic.log, which appears
> to call ffmpeg once for every segment, for a 1 hour
> movie that would be 360 segments, a really long email,
> are you sure that is what you want?

You posted a command line above.
If you want me to try to look and understand why it
does not do what you want, I need the complete,
uncut console output.
(Other people may be able to give you support without
the console output, unfortunately I am not
sufficiently skilled for that.)

And just to make sure:
If you send 360 FFmpeg outputs, it is very unlikely
that I will look into this issue;-)

It probably makes sense if you simply run above
command from the shell, confirm that your original
problem is reproducible with the output file and
post the console output here.