[FFmpeg-user] Unknown encoder 'libfaac'

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jan 23 10:40:34 CET 2013

Avelyne Goh <avelyne_goh <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi Carl, it is simply because the latest version is
> not working well with Metaio.
> Other users faced the same issues and found out
> that version 0.8.5 is apparently still working.

(A cynical person would now probably say something like
"Cool, instead of reporting the actual problem with
current git head, a problem that is 100% certain
not to get fixed - we cannot / will not fix ancient
releases - was reported.)

> Please have a look here for more information:

http://helpdesk.metaio.com/questions/2550/latest-ffmpeg-builds-incompatible-with-metaio-mobile

I was unable to understand the bug report there;-(
(I simply miss the information what is not working
and I have to admit that I have never heard of
"Metaio".)

Please report the original problem:
Generally, regressions (ie bugs that are reproducible
with a newer but not an older version of FFmpeg) are
dealt with with some priority, but they have to be
reported in a way that allows reproducing the
problem.