[FFmpeg-user] rmtp stream working on mplayer but not on ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 22 13:37:40 CET 2013

Slaute Senscongmo <slaute <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 22 January 2013 11:52, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:
>
> > Both are not really up-to-date, please test
> > current git head.
>
> OK. I tried with 1.1.1-tessus and it kinda works. The only problem now is
> ffmpeg says "At least one output file must be specified". Shouldn't it
> default to the screen?

ffmpeg (the executable) is a tool for audio-video transcoding.
While it contains (very, very) limited support for video-out,
this should certainly not be the default, even more so as it
is a very common usecase to type "ffmpeg -i input" to find
out what actually is in an input file.

FFmpeg also contains a multimedia player, it is called ffplay.