[FFmpeg-user] Make video from snapshots

Anders Yuran anders at nextstopcyprus.com
Wed Jan 16 11:34:57 CET 2013

Hi all!

This is my first post so bear with me if it has been answered before

I have a service where owners of ip cameras can send images using FTP when
motion is detected. Some cameras can also send videoclips to us. We already
use ffmpeg to make thumbnails of these videoclips.

In another service I have seen they offer to automatically assemble the
pictures into a videoclip.

Is it possible to do this with FFmpeg?

Like this:

Motion is detected in a camera. The camera sends 1 image every second for 1
minute to our server. FFmpeg now takes these pictures and build a videoclip.

Can this be done?

With friendly regards

Anders Yuran

Emser Strasse 60