[FFmpeg-user] --enable-libfdk-aac - not recognized

Joel B onephatcat at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 12 05:59:36 CET 2013

On Jan 11, 2013, at 6:15 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Since this is difficult to understand:
>
> Could you post the first line of "git log"?

Not sure where I would find git.log didn't use git to download the sources, used a few different web sites:

svn checkout svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg

downloaded libfdk from the libfdk site on sourceforge

downloaded libfaad2 and libfaac

untarred and typed:

./configure
make
sudo make install

for each one, for ffmpeg I used:

./configure --prefix=/Volumes/Ramdisk/sw --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-filters --arch=x86_64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaac --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-shared --disable-mmx

and that is where I got the error.

The goal here is to build an ffmpeg for Subsonic 4.7 that can transcode video to h.264 and audio to aac in real time for streaming via HLS. The ffmpeg that is distributed with Subsonic transcodes to mp3 audio in Subsonic which doesn't work with older Roku devices which don't support mp3 audio in h.264 video.

 - Joel