[FFmpeg-user] backtrack parameters from existing file

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jan 11 00:31:56 CET 2013

Scott Goldman <scottg <at> emailhosting.com> writes:

> i have uploaded both the original mxf

I played the mxf file (that has ~85M / 13 seconds) with
MPlayer and ffplay and both play the file in-sync afaict.

I then tried the following two conversions:
$ ffmpeg -i 1_MIN_SD_QPP_3_6_REV18_P3.mxf -vcodec mpeg4 -qscale 2 -strict -2
-acodec aac out.mov

$ ffmpeg -i 1_MIN_SD_QPP_3_6_REV18_P3.mxf -vcodec mpeg4 -qscale 2 out.avi

Both output files play in-sync with MPlayer and ffplay.

Carl Eugen
(who did watch the actual match, as somebody who
doesn't know much about the sport, I suspect the
Redskins headcoach did not make his best decisions.)