[FFmpeg-user] closed caption of video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jan 10 23:12:26 CET 2013

 <santanu.chakraborty <at> wipro.com> writes:

> I want to extract the subtitle as closed caption
> from any video using ffmpeg.

This is currently unsupported, there are (different)
open tickets on trac, depending on the file format.

> ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -an -vn -bsf:s mov2textsub -scodec copy -f rawvideo sub.txt

For future questions on this mailing list:
Please do not post a command line without complete,
uncut console output, always post your command line
together with complete, uncut console output.

> The information contained in this electronic message
> and any attachments to this message are intended for
> the exclusive use of the addressee

Please understand that this sentence does not make much
sense if you are sending an email to a public mailing
list that is mirrored on many web sites.