[FFmpeg-user] backtrack parameters from existing file

Scott Goldman scottg at emailhosting.com
Tue Jan 8 22:07:14 CET 2013

<scottg at emailhosting.com> Sent: Fri, January 4, 2013 20:26Subject:
[FFmpeg-user] backtrack parameters from existing file
>Greetings,
>Is there anyway that ffmpeg can look at an existing video file and provide
>the switches used to create that fiile - or at worst case, provide
>switches to create similar output?>

>We are trying to use ffmpeg to transcode to mp4 and need to match
>quality/bitrate/etc of an existing file as close as possible.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Scott

So i've discovered what my issue really is. I'm trying to transcode from
an MXF file created by QUANTEL 3.6.  This version of their power portal
incorrectly set the edit rate as 59.97 but is in really 29.97.  so my
transcode is running at double speed.  I would like to use the -r 29.97
before the -i, but that doesnt work and when i add -force_fps -r 29.97,
ffmpeg reports Option framerate not found.

the bottom line is how do i get ffmpeg to either disregard the wrapper or
get it to slo-mo the output..