[FFmpeg-user] Can I speed up transcoding?

Leo Papadopoulos leo at telecomcto.com
Tue Jan 8 04:56:25 CET 2013

Carl:

Thanks for replying.

I have tried ultrafast but it uses almost 2x the disk space. I may still go
with this option. I need to see how much more disk costs on Amazon's EC2. I
was hoping maybe there were other ways. I see a 'threads' option in the
ffmpeg command, but I don't know if this would help.

The reason I use -vsync 1 is because someone suggested this from this
mailing list when I was having trouble with lip sync in the video. However,
re-encoding the H.264 (I think fixes lip sync). Do you think it would help
to either remove or play with -vsync?

Leo P.