[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe MOV TAG:timecode does not match Quicktime Player

Gary Margiotta gary_margiotta at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 21:52:54 CET 2013

________________________________
 From: Dave Rice <dave at dericed.com>
To: FFmpeg user questions <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] ffprobe MOV TAG:timecode does not match Quicktime Player

On Dec 27, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Gary Margiotta <gary_margiotta <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> ffprobe version 0.10.2 Copyright (c) 2007-2012 the FFmpeg developers
>
> Please test current git head.
> If it is still reproducible, please provide a sample.

>>I can confirm that this scenario is still reproducible within the current git head. In the procedure he used to create the file the value >>"21:43:06;29" is still stored within the timecode track but an edit list is created within the timecode track (as well as any others) to >>identify the proper offset. I think this is related this ticket: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1137
>>Dave Rice

Thanks Dave for the info.  Carl, I cannot post the sample since it s a proprietary asset.
What does start_time with a negative value represent?  Could the absolute value of the start_time parameter in the ffprobe
output be used as an offset from the TAG:timecode parameter to get the actual start timecode of the clip
Gary