[FFmpeg-user] avformat_find_stream_info broken recently with multiple threads?

Dennis Volodomanov volodomanov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 03:06:07 CET 2013

Carl,

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Just to make sure I do not misunderstand:
> When you built pthreads, you could choose between static
> and shared?

Yes, pthreads are built with "GC-static CROSS=...". I must also mention,
as it may be important, that the following are also in effect:

export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="..."

(where ... are actual paths of course)

> You decided static, and if you don't add the define to
> the FFmpeg compilation, it fails?
> Does the pthread auto-detection also fail without the define?

pthread auto-detection fails if I don't specify the
"--disable-w32threads", as it seems to pick w32threads. However, without
that define, linking fails, which I guess means it's trying to link
dynamic ones.

Thanks!

    Dennis