[FFmpeg-user] having trouble encoding mov to mp4 H.264 level 3.0 baseline for HTML5 iOS

Antony Peiris acct_reg at fireslug.com
Tue Feb 19 13:38:24 CET 2013

> There's just 'aac' but that is pretty poor in terms of quality.  There
> are also other AAC encoder libraries available.  It doesn't look like
> they were enabled either.  If you're going to compile, have a look at
> ./configure --help to see what is available

libfaac is not installed on my system though. I tried looking it up, but
can't seem to find any reliable information on this. I am wondering if I
will run into these issues when trying to create ogg/ogv files later on,
also for the HTML5 video.

I installed this: |http://downloads.sourceforge.net/faac/faac-1.28.tar.gz|

However, I still get the message that libfaac is not found. Also did
enable nonfree.