[FFmpeg-user] [ffmpeg-user mailing list] Questioning aboutencoded file size with various motion estimation algorithmsin H.263 codec

문준형 jh.moon.cs at yonsei.ac.kr
Tue Feb 19 12:47:16 CET 2013

As we know, we can change motion estimation algorithm by specifying "-dia_size" option value.

I got following result file sizes.

When full search (dia_size > 1024), encoded file size is 258,908 bytes.

When funny diamond search (dia_size == -1), encoded file size is  244,926 bytes.

When sab diamond search (dia_size 768 && dia_size512 && dia_size256 && dia_size2 && dia_size
받는사람: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
보낸날짜: 2013-02-19 18:41:38 GMT +0900 (Asia/Seoul)
제목: Re: [FFmpeg-user] [ffmpeg-user mailing list] Questioning aboutencoded file size with various motion estimation algorithmsin H.263 codec

문준형  yonsei.ac.kr> writes:

> I got result files after encodings with same parameters
> (quantization level, GOP size), only changing motion
> estimation algorithms (epzs, full search, diamond search,
> etc.)
 >
> As I know, encoded file size for full search is smaller
> than that for any other motion estimation algorithm.
 >
> However, I found that file size for full search is the
> biggest !!

Could you add some information so whoever is interested
could try to reproduce?