[FFmpeg-user] Empty File: Trouble Making A Clip From An MP4

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Feb 13 01:32:41 CET 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:13:17 -0500
Steve <tinker123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ffmpeg version 0.7.6-4:0.7.6-0ubuntu0.11.10.3, Copyright (c) 2000-2011
> the Libav developers

This is not ffmpeg from FFmpeg. See:

http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
http://stackoverflow.com/a/9477756/1109017

> Please let me know if the issue is something other  than having a bad
> copy of ffmpeg

That is an important issue. Upstream for this ffmpeg is not from the
FFmpeg project. I know it is confusing, but this is the result of
others (Libav and Debian/Ubuntu specifically) misrepresenting the
name "ffmpeg".

Please compile ffmpeg if you want help here, or if that is not a
possibility you can use a static build from "burek" or "relaxed":

http://ffmpeg.org/download.html#LinuxBuilds