[FFmpeg-user] generate stream from WEBCam by ffmpeg

Soho Soho123 soho123.2012 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:00:56 CET 2013

Hi all ,

I try to use ffmpeg and ffserver to send video streaming from usb WEB
Cam to remote client.
When I try to use a mjpg webcam,
and use the command:
ffserver -f /etc/ffserver.conf
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -r 30 -s 1280x720 -i /dev/video0 -c copy
http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

it will cause out-of-memory after 3 seconds.
I have questions:
if there is no any client connect to ffserve, does ffmpeg occupy
memory when ffmpeg get video frame from webcam?
or in this condition, how about the behavior of fferver? It seems
video frame occupy system memory when I start ffmpeg.
the attached is ffserver config file, could you kindly give me some
hints if there is any error in config file?