[FFmpeg-user] Captured video is not smooth (Help Please)

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sat Feb 2 11:50:30 CET 2013

On 02/02/2013 10:38 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> If you mean "combing", the effect shown by interlaced video, there are
> several de-interlacing filters in FFmpeg, yadif is recommended. (Don't
> use ildct and ilme on de-interlaced input.) Carl Eugen

I've just looked at the video sample he uploaded and yes, it's resized
and not properly deinterlaced, so Carl's right:
Checkout the deinterlacing filters :)

If you don't know what interlacing/deinterlacing is, you might want to
take a look at "100fps.com" [1], a website which explains it pretty well.

Regards,
Pb