[FFmpeg-user] Adding black border to RHS of video

Tom Mackey tfmackey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:11:07 CET 2013

I have a series of 6 images that I am converting to a presentation video.
 Each image is 1620 x 1080.  I need to add 300 more pixels to the right
hand side of the video so that it will display in HD on the left of the
screen with the blank 300 pixels on the right hand side.  Can this be done
with FFmpeg or should I try to add the rhs border to each image in turn
before encoding.  If the latter any suggestions as to how it can be done on
the command line/
Thanks